If you aim to be more masculine and add some muscles to your body, you should have a perfect plan for that. And this will cost an effective diet and a worthwhile exercise regime which you need to follow regularly. Besides, you need to ensure that both of these are enriched enough to give you the best results out of them.
Push-Pull Workout To Enhance Muscle Mass
Enriching your diet means making it a balanced one with sufficient nutrients. Whereas when it comes to your workout sessions, you should include a variety of moves targeting each part of your body. In that case, never ever ignore push-pull exercises as they are inevitable in your process of building muscles.
Push-pull training is one of the versatile styles of workouts, in which your muscle groups move in certain patterns.
If you are up to trying this style in your workout routine, you will engage the most sales in your upper body which are active while pushing on the first day. On the other day, you will be training again with your upper body, but this time, the muscles involved would be those which participate in pulling movements. And finally, on the third day, you will be practicing with your lower body muscles as well as your core.
You can also practice this by taking a day off between the days you workout to relax and rest. But it should be according to your stamina and capacity.
So, here is a sample plan with some effective push-pull moves to build muscles, with which you can enrich your workout regime.
Effective Pushes For Upper Body
1. Bench Press
- Lie down on your back on the bench, while holding the bar without losing your grip. Your hands should be wider than shoulder-width.
- Now take a deep breath, push the barbell while you breathe out until both of your arms become straight.
- As you breathe in again, slowly bring the barbell down to your chest.
- Throughout, you need to glare on a rigid spot on the ceiling ensuring that you are moving through the same path at every push.
- You can do the same in 3 sets of 8 reps.
2. Clap Press Up
- Take the position as if you are on the top of the press up to move.
- Ensure that your hands are directly under your shoulders.
- Now bend your arms to come down as your chest almost touches the floor.
- Do a rapid rise and bring both of your hands together explosively to a clap.
- Hastily bring your hands back in position to balance your body, and repeat.
- Do 1 set of 15 reps.
Powerful Pulling Moves
It is one of the tough and effective exercises that is perfect to begin your routine with. You can use a pull-up bar to perform it.
- Take an overhand grip and pull yourself upward and lower down.
- Remember to keep your hands shoulder-width apart and contract your back muscle while pulling up.
- You can do it in 4 sets of 6 reps.
2. Barbell Curl
- Stand up and hold a barbell with both of your hands.
- Keep your hands shoulder-width apart, and knees close to your sides.
- Ensure that your palms are facing forward.
- Now raise the bar on the level top of your chest, bring it down, and repeat the move.
- It is ideal for you to do 3 sets of 10 reps of the barbell curl.
Push-Pull Moves For Abs And Legs
- Take a pair of dumbbells and hold each of them in both of your hands, keeping your hands lower on your sides.
- Keep your knees wide apart, aiming to put the weight on your heels throughout.
- Now do a squat, ensuring that you don’t over bend your thighs, but keep it parallel to the ground.
- Do 3 sets of 8 reps.
- Stand on your feet, keeping them shoulder-width apart.
- Now hold a barbell with both your hands keeping them a bit more away than your shoulder width.
- Lift the bar while driving your hips a little bit forward, keeping your back flat.
- Bring down the bar carefully under control.
- Do 4 sets of 6 reps.
Rest Day: After three consecutive days of push-pull training, you need to take complete rest on the following day. It will help you to recover fast and prepare yourself for the next level.
You will definitely benefit from this style of workout and see better results at a faster pace. However, you need to ensure that you are strong enough to practice it as most of the moves in push-pull workouts are really toiling.
The benefits of push-pull workouts include:
- You can ensure optimal recovery after workouts.
- It can help anyone to build muscles if practiced consistently
- It doesn’t kill your time
- You can enjoy better balance
- You can target almost all of the muscle groups in your body.
A push-pull workout is indeed great to support muscle growth as you include the most suitable moves in it. If you are a beginner or don’t have enough experience in lifts, do not exceed the weight of your capacity. Plus, it is always recommended to do it under the guidance of an expert trainer.