No doubt if you wish to enhance your muscles and want a fine body that everyone longs to have, you will need to follow progressive weight training. And at the same time, you have to implement certain dietary changes to give you all the needed nutrients to improve your physique.
- 1 The Right Diet Plan For Bodybuilding
- 2 Calorie Needs Of A Bodybuilder
- 3 Foods That You Should Include And Avoid
- 4 Foods To Include
- 5 Foods You Have To Avoid
The Right Diet Plan For Bodybuilding
As it is important to increase your calorie intake, it doesn’t mean that you are free to stuff your tummy with all the unhealthy junk. I just said it because there is an emerging tendency in a vast number of people to eat as much as they can despite giving any priority to healthy food habits and nutrition.
Healthy muscle gain is not solely about lifting hard, but upgrading your diet as well. But you need to be careful enough while you plan your diet, to ensure that you are not skipping anything important as well as adding something that is unhealthy. This way, you can be sure to yourself that you are following the right plan in the right way.
Calorie Needs Of A Bodybuilder
As you aim to build your body, your prior target is to increase your muscle mass and reduce fat at the same time. Your aim to enhance your muscles will be fulfilled as you consume more calories every day. In that case, you have to increase your current calorie intake up to 15%. In general, you have to take 3000- 3500 calories per day to build muscles along with following an effective workout regime.
Foods That You Should Include And Avoid
You already know you have to follow intense workout training to build muscles as well as the right eating patterns. A bodybuilder should follow a diet that consists of the right food in the right amount. If your diet can satisfy all your calorie and nutritional diet to enhance muscles, you will be able to get recovered from muscle injuries quicker than you can ever imagine. Besides, you will achieve a fine place to grow bigger and stronger. But at the same time, if your choices become wrong or you end up consuming your food in the wrong quantity, it will slow down your progress or sometimes even affect you adversely too.
So let’s find out what could be the foods you need to include in your diet when you plan t9 build muscles.
Foods To Include
- Meat: this includes every type of meat and these are available in the market. You can take any of the meats that are available in the market like beef, mutton, and pork.
- Poultry: chicken, duck, turkey, and quail are the generally available poultry
- Fish: Fish like salmon, tuna, sardine, or the like can let you enhance muscles easier.
- Eggs: eggs are good sources of protein and all the other nutrients that you need to grow muscles. You can have the whole egg and need not avoid the yolk.
- Dairy: dairy items like milk, cheese, yogurt, and tofu should be added to your diet.
- Legumes and beans: these include lentils, kidney beans, black beans, etc.
- Seeds and nuts: all the types of nuts and seeds you can take and they will benefit you greatly to add in muscles. Nuts include walnuts, cashews, and almonds. The seeds you can take can be sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds.
- Oils: vegetable oils like olive oil and avocado oil can also be added to enhance your diet.
- Grains: wheat, quinoa, oats popcorn, and rice.
- Fruits: all types of berries and other fruits like apples, bananas, pears, grapes, oranges, avocado, pomegranate, and watermelon.
- Veggies: try to include both starchy and non-starchy veggies in your diet. Including potatoes, peas, corn, and the like as well as broccoli, spinach and other leafy greens, zucchini, peppers, mushroom, carrots, tomatoes, etc.
There are some other dietary supplements that you can take to build muscles. Including:
- Whey protein
Foods You Have To Avoid
If you are re3ady to include certain foods in your diet, you also should be ready to exclude many other foods from your diet, as they would bring you adverse effects or delays your progress in the journey to build muscles.
- Alcohol: if you still have that habit of alcohol consumption, there is no point in wishing for the ideal six-pack body. It will certainly weaken your ability to build muscles and lose fat.
- Pastries and drinks with added sugar: they are abundant in calories but meager in nutritional content. The foods that belong to these categories include candy, cake, cookies, carbonated drinks, icecreams, etc.
- Deep-fried items and junk: consuming these unhealthy foods will increase fat buildup and bring adverse effects like inflammation. They include french fries, fried fish, fritters, burgers, nuggets, and the like.
Just like the way you avoid these all things from your diet and enhance it with healthy foods, you need to avoid certain eating habits too. They include overnight snacking, excess eating, and taking foods in the wrong quantities. Similarly, you need to be with the right meal planning. Though you are allowed to take certain food, you need to watch whether you are taking them at the appropriate time. For instance, before your workout session, avoid taking foods that can slow down your digestion and those will result in upsetting your stomach. Because they can create trouble while you work out.