1. Keep the carbohydrates, protein and fats in your diet in balance in the correct proportions (60/25/15). Obligatorily eat two hours before a workout (preferably to get about 500 calories, 75 g carbohydrate, 30 g protein and 9 grams of fat – roughly contained in the chicken breast with 2 cups of rice).
2. During aerobic workout drink energy drinks containing glucose (50 g).
3. Eat little but often – 6-7 times a day, every 2.5-3 hours. This diet does not allow “overloading” the body by massive doses of carbohydrates, which means you can control the synthesis of insulin and maintains stable sugar levels in blood.
4. An hour before the workout, take the amino acid tyrosine. Tyrosine is a precursor of dopamine with serotonin neutralizing effect.
5. Always eat carbohydrates combined with protein as the amino acids contained in protein, soften the “relaxing” effect of carbohydrates.
6. For half an hour before a workout (strength or aerobic) take 6 – 8 grams of Branched-chain amino acid.
7. (Optional) Before training drink a large cup of strong coffee. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system, preparing it for training, increases aerobic endurance and strength increases.