Having a perfect balance between pushing and pulling exercise is a vital part of the perfect workout routine. This equilibrium will give you the perfect results, probably more than you can ever imagine. By this the importance of pulling exercises lies in the benefits it could bring to you. Either you put more focus on a particular area of your body, or work on it as a whole, it can bring notable changes in your body, enhancing its strength, improving your grip, hiking your fitness level, and upgrading both your physical as well as mental health.
Pulling Exercises To Perform At Home – Is It An Effective Method?
You may doubt that it is possible to perform pulling exercises without hitting the gym or a pulling bar? Then you don’t need to have any such confusion. Because, just like there are certain moves you can perform at home that are effective and will not require even any equipment, you can do some pulling exercises comfortably at home.
1 Biceps Curl
This is one of the most familiar among fitness lovers. If you want to enhance the muscles in your upper front arm, you can practice it at home. You can also practice it at a more advanced level if you want by adding weights or can involve other parts of your body too. Try doing the biceps curls with a dumbbell, barbell, cables, or kettlebells, you will certainly appreciate the results more than that of a standard one.
- Stand by holding a weight in each of your hands.
- Bend at your elbow joint and lift the weights towards your shoulders. Remember to keep your back strong and engage your core throughout.
- Ensure that you are not drifting your elbows forward or to the sides.
- Now slowly return to the initial position.
- Do 15 repetitions.
2 Super Man ‘W’ Pulls
These are yet another exercise that is known to everyone. You can perform it conveniently at your home as you don’t need any bars while performing it. You only need a resistance band and let’s see how you can perform it. You can do it without a resistance band if you feel it is too challenging, and if needed, you can also use a pillow to support your belly and to raise yourself effortlessly.
- While lying down on your stomach above a towel, grab your resistance band and hold it tightly using both of your hands.
- Now move your hands and bring them straight out in front of you to make a superman pose.
- Tightly pull your resistance band.
- Bend your elbows and pull the band to your collarbone, while exhaling.
- Now flex your back by pulling your shoulder blades together, and keeping your elbows out vast to the sides.
- As you inhale, lengthen your back out, getting a superman position.
- You can do it in 10 repetitions, but don’t lose the pose of being raised throughout.
3 Dumbbell Upright Row
This is a quite simple but effective exercise you can perform at your home with a pair of dumbbells. It is also a compound exercise that targets multiple areas in your body like your shoulders, upper backfill as well as arms.
- Stand up in position with hip-width apart, while holding a dumbbell each in both of your hands.
- Remember to keep your palms down in front of the body while holding the weights.
- Raise the dumbbells vertically, while keeping your chest slightly up by bending your elbows until they reach your collarbone, and your elbows are above the level of your shoulders.
- Return to the starting position slowly.
- Do 10-15 repetitions.
4 Stability Ball Leg Curl
By doing stability ball leg curl, you will target your hamstrings. especially, it is best for enhancing your knee flexion function of the hamstrings. Besides, this exercise will enhance your core as well as glutes because you need them both to do this exercise in the correct way.
- Lie down on your back by extending your legs and keeping your feet in position on a stability ball.
- Slowly raise your hips from the floor to make a full hip extension as you keep your spine in a neutral position.
- Now, using both of your feet, curl the ball and draw it towards your buttocks.
- Continue drawing the ball near to your buttocks until you squeeze your hamstrings and glutes.
- Return to the starting position and do 15 repetitions.
5 Towel Row
To do a towel row, all you need is a towel and a firm pole or pillar. Here, you will contract your back muscles hard for a small period of time.
- Stand up by keeping your feet shoulder-width apart while holding a towel with both of your hands.
- Keep the towel wrapped around an upright post.
- With a slight ankle, lean back while holding the wrapped towel with both of your hands extended out.
- Hold this position for few minutes and slowly go back to the starting point
- Do 15 repetitions.
The options before you perform pull-ups are plenty. Choose them wisely according to your comfort and convenience to enhance your workout regime. But never compromise the balance between both push and pull exercises as it is essential to get you the right results.